The League’s Position (from full version with history)
In order to achieve and maintain acceptable air quality the League of Women Voters of Virginia believes Virginia should:
- Adopt the California Standards for low-emission vehicles to achieve and maintain compliance with the Clean Air Act of 1990.
- Develop less polluting alternative fuels, a high priority with preference for compressed natural gas, reformulated gasoline, electricity and hydrogen. The State should consider total environmental impact of a fuel, including tail pipe emissions and pollution produced during manufacture and disposal.
- Change parking subsidies away from those favoring low occupancy vehicles to those favoring efficient transportation modes. Place greater emphasis on local program and regulations that encourage employers to institute transportation management systems which foster efficient transportation modes.
Learn about the League of Women Voters of Virginia positions in our 2015 League of Women Voters of Virginia Positioned For Action
Three options are available:
- POSITIONS -IN-BRIEF A Full page abridged version (8 1/2″ x 11″)
- POSITIONS -IN-BRIEF A Four-fold abridged version (8 1/2″ x 14″)
- POSITIONED FOR ACTION A Full version with history